Meet Dr. Andleeb Usmani
Board-Certified, Fellowship Trained Dermatologist
Board certified, Fellowship trained Dermatologist Dr. Andleeb Usmani joined the Children's Skin Center in 2010. Dr. Usmani is skilled in all aspects of dermatology, from photodynamic therapy for pre-skin cancer and acne, to skin cancer surgery. Dr. Usmani and her staff are committed to educating patients and families about the importance of sun safety, developing comprehensive care plans to help repair existing damage and prevent future skin damage.
In addition to general dermatology treatments and skin cancer screenings, Dr. Usmani also offers laser skin resurfacing, laser hair removal, stretch mark reduction, and cosmetic treatments including Botox®, Dysport®, and Restylane® injections.
Dr. Usmani earned her undergraduate degree in biology at the University of Miami, and went on to earn her doctor of osteopathic medicine degree at Nova Southeastern University in 2003, completing family practice and dermatology residencies and an internship, and serving as Chief Resident in dermatology at Columbia Hospital. Dr. Usmani currently trains general and pediatric dermatology residents at Nova Southeastern University and Miami’s Nicklaus Children’s Hospital.
Dr. Usmani has strong roots in South Florida, and she enjoys hospital privileges and affiliations at Miami’s Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, Palms West Hospital, and Wellington Regional Medical Center. A former college athlete who enjoys reading and sports and played competitive badminton, she competed in 200 to 800-meter races and relays, shotput and discus throws, and long jump competitions.
Education and Training
Undergraduate Education: University of Haripur, Biology & Physics; University of Miami, Bachelor of Science in Biology
Medical School: Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Residency: Columbia Hospital, Dermatology
Residency: Columbia Hospital, Family Medicine
Fellowship: Columbia Hospital, Dermatology Fellowship
Board Certification: American Board of Family Medicine
- Dean’s Honor Roll, University of Miami, 1997
- International Students Scholarship, University of Miami, 1997-1998
- Dean’s Honor Roll, University of South Florida, Summer 1995
- Highest Academic Achievement, Top Student in Region, Jhansi University, India, 1994
- Multiple-Interschool Badminton Tournament, Christ Church College, India
- Track 200-800 Meters/Relays, Christ Church College and All Saints College, India
- Shotput and Discus Throws and Long Jump competition/wins, Christ Church College and All Saints College, India
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic College of Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Mohs Society
- Dermatology Foundation
- Women's Dermatologic Society
- American Contact Dermatitis Society
- Florida Medical Association
- Palm Beach Medical Society
- Medical License, State of Florida, 2006
- Board Certified: American Board of Family Practice, License Number 0S9945
- Fellow of the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology