While we would all love to have a good cheat sheet on skin care tips, everyone’s skin is different, so having a perfect skin care routine is a challenge. Differing opinions and advice are plenty, along with what seems like infinite amounts of products designed to either cover up or heal a specific condition. Since we have no “one-size fits all” solution, dermatologists are a welcome specialist to help patients have a safe and healthy body.
Getting clear skin can be a long and messy process. Consumers like to try out different products and experiment with various techniques in the pursuit of achieving our definition of “perfect skin”. The truth, though, is that perfect skin doesn’t exist. However, we have is a definite difference between healthy and unhealthy skin.
Dermatologists have the skills and training to treat your skin concerns, including acne, psoriasis, eczema, skin cancer (melanoma and basal cell), sun damage, rosacea, brown spots, and/or simply maintaining a youthful and healthy-looking appearance. If you notice something suspicious about your skin, your dermatologist can address any questions or concerns and get you on the way toward healthy and glowing skin.
The American Academy of Dermatology recommends annual skin examinations by a board certified dermatologist. This is even more important if you have sensitive skin, are predisposed to skin conditions, have a history or family history of skin cancer, or are experiencing any concerning skin problems.
To get the most out of your visit, here are 10 important questions to ask your dermatologist.
- How healthy is my skin?
- Are there any changes in my sun spots or any moles?
- What is melanoma, and how do I prevent skin cancer?
- Why are some people more susceptible to sunspots and hyperpigmentation, and are laser treatments a good option?
- What do I do if I have dry skin?
- Which products are best for my skin? If I have sensitive skin, what are the ingredients in products that I should avoid?
- What causes breakouts, and how can I stop them from being a common occurrence?
- What latest treatments might be a good fit for my skin? Are facials beneficial?
- What foods should I incorporate into my diet that would benefit my skin and overall health?
- How often should I exfoliate my skin?
When was the last time you saw your dermatologist? If you never have, or it’s been quite a while, make an appointment today.
At Children’s Skin Center, we have board-certified dermatologists that can help patients battle the simplest of blemishes to serious conditions like skin cancer. We focus on treating both children and adults with skin disorders. Call our office at (305)-669-6555 or click here to request an appointment at one of our locations in Miami, Coral Gables, Doral, Miami Lakes, Miramar, Kendall, and Palm Beach Gardens.